Monday, April 30, 2012

The Next 100 Days

100. I hope my life to change in next 100 days. It’s been long since I have been vying for the US now. If things had gone as I had planned, I would probably have been updating this post from somewhere else. But when has a human been able to dictate his fate?

If you are to listen to the people around, I am sure to get my visa for the States. At times I have felt so. Why not? I got good academic record, decent family background, a bit of work experience, and the likes that are mainly considered for getting Visa. But then there are times I am worried if I will really get one. But as of now I am hopeful. And hope is a good thing.

It has been a long road. If I am lucky enough I will surely share the experience through this blog. There have been times I felt like giving things up. Luckily I moved on. A lot of that goes to my sister who has been waiting for the reunion for almost eons. The joy of meeting her is surely the major factor why I am heading west, else I would have enrolled somewhere around for my further studies and would have never dreamt about leaving my family and country.

Some people feel like I should never return if I ever get out. This place has not got anything to return for, everything here is messed up and with uncertainty looming and it must be a difficult time for even the optimist to predict which way the country is heading. But I have my family here. My close friends feel that I won’t be able to stay long as I have never been away from my family ever. Right, they are. I wouldn’t have chosen Wyoming or Colorado as my possible destination if it was not close to Denver, CO where my sister has been residing for over four years. Even the consular at the education consultancy that I am referring got his eyebrows raised for choosing a place like Wyoming which is almost in the middle of nowhere! With those grades I could have applied anywhere he felt.
As of now I am still waiting for my I20. I hope to get it soon. I got too many things to do before I will finally apply for the visa. It’s going to be a hectic schedule. I have got few unfinished work to finish including a story that I drafted almost five years ago! I wish to learn Spanish via Google Translate as I have no time to enroll in Biswa Bhasa Campus. Arrange the stuffs in my Laptop. Loads of movies to watch. Few books to read and re-read. Some promises to keep. All before the month finally arrives. August.

I hope the Fall this year to be different. In the Rockies where the hues will set the mountains ablaze. I will miss my home and family though. Always will. I luff them. Always have.
Sounds premature but I have already started preparation for my farewell letter as well as farewell party. Chances are high I will end up with too short a list in both case.

Wish me luck, I will need that. Fingercrossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment