Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Princess Has Arrived!

A month old Siya
7:05 am, 30th June, 2013... We will remember this day all our life, the time when the Little Princess arrived, before schedule!

Called my sister yesterday night at 9, as I always do, everyday... she didn't answer... waited for a while and dialled her again after about 20 minutes or so... this time someone picks up the phone and says: "Rabin we are in the hospital, and you will become uncle anytime before mid-night."

I was pleasantly surprised as the due date was 7th July, but the baby can actually arrive 10 days +/- to that date. Didn't know what to do, so went downstairs to kick the football for a while to get some fresh air and keep myself busy. Played washers' with my new friends  John and Manda from Sheridan who live downstairs. They were getting married on 13th and Manda was so excited about the news as if it was her own niece.

Was checking my phone regularly... no more news yet. Thought we have played for long, so went upstairs to my apartment. Couldn't fall asleep, wasn't in hurry to go to bed either as it was Sunday the next day. Probin pops-out online, I tell him all... he tells me to let him know whenever I get the news... I remember I was up till 12:30 or so, but don't know when I passed out.

Woke up around 5:30 am in the morning, checked my phone... no missed calls or messages... I get desperate... call to my sister's phone, no answers... after a while, Pemba Sir calls me back and says that my sister is in the operation theatre, and he will let me know whenever the baby is here.

Finally, at 7:16 am, I get the good news! First one to receive. I am a proud uncle now! Luff you Siya, our little princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment