Saturday, September 29, 2012

The First Impression


I am new to Laramie and the US as well. So the probability of me being surprised by most of the things I see here is relatively higher than those who are only new to this place.
 
One afternoon I happened to visit this place. Crowded it was with merely a place to sit. To my utter surprise, despite so many people around the place was relatively peaceful than I could imagine. With not any place to sit I decided to stroll around. I could see a long line of people with their hands full, waiting for their turn to make payments. And there was another bunch inside busy finding stuffs matching their needs. After looking around for a while and failing to find anything that I may need, I moved on.
Luckily, now I could see few unoccupied spaces outside. So, I decided to get a much needed cup of coffee and observe the things around from one of the place. I could feel the aroma of coffee all over the place. As I looked around, I could see most people busy with their smartphone and iPads. With their fingers occupied they still found time to sip their coffee and a bit of burger in between. I wondered if technology had anything to do with the relative calm that prevailed.
I looked outside the window. There were people who looked in hurry and some like me were just strolling around biding their time. A voice interrupted me. I turned around and there was a girl with a smile as warm as the winter sun. She asked if she could have a seat. “Sure”, I nodded in agreement with smile. After a while I got the last sip of my coffee looked at the time.  And it was already time for me to go. So with a smile I departed.
It’s been couple of weeks now since I arrived here and despite being so different from the place from where I came from, I still felt there was something that I could connect to. After wondering for a while I realized maybe it’s the smile that the people carry. The warmth that it carries is something very similar to the one that I have witnessed all my life back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment