Saturday, November 3, 2012

I Have Never [First Update]

I am updating this post exactly 8 months after I first uploaded it. When I went through this post lately, I wondered how things have changed in these months. And when I look at myself, I wonder how many new things I have done in past two months or so... left my home to study abroad leaving my family behind, cooked for the first time, went for white-river rafting in the Snake river, made new friends, and what not... so I just thought this post needs an update now! So, here it goes.. 

Jumped Out of a plane or a bridge - No plans to jump from a plane but yes hope to jump from a bridge soon! Bungee!!

Touched Snow – Have seen the snow covered mountains all these years but never touched the real ones. Witnessed the snowfall in Kathmandu some years back though. Update - Wyoming is almost synonymous to snow, they say it is covered with snow for almost 7-8 months of the year. When Laramie received the first snow shower I was a bit worried how would I survive a winter that long. But the next time when we had a snowfall, I kind of started loving it... it feels good going out there and enjoying it. So, it's a 'yes' now.

Smoked – NO!

Owned a camera – Yes, three at present, would love to own a DSLR.

Been to a Gym- Never, but people who have seen me think I should LOL.

Seen a Lion or Tiger – Yes but not apart from those I have seen in the zoos.

Applied for US Diversity VISA - 99% of Nepalese have probably applied once, I have
thrice. Update - Everyone does, so did I... actually just got lucky to fill up the form the very last day, yesterday. Finger crossed.

Applied for VISA of any country – Not yet, hope to. Update - YES! YES!! YES!! I am the same guy who got lucky the 'third time'.

Seen an Ocean - Not yet, but I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. Update - Saw the Atlantic from the air... wondered why the air between Great Britain and Eire was covered with a heavy fog.

Been Abroad – Yes, if visiting Raxaul in Indo – Nepal border counts else not. Update - Abu Dhabi, UAE during transit, but in Dublin, Eire I actually checked-out to help a fellow traveller... does that count? Ireland was awesome... I feel like I can recognize an Irish anywhere around the globe! 

Been to a discotheuqe – Never.

Met a Chinese - LOL. Met few at work. Update - Oops! This place has more Chinese than Indians, so I've met few here as well.

Seen an actual theater play – Had plans to visit Gurukul but never made it.

Drank Beer - Can’t stand the smell of that shit!

Been on a plane – Yes few times. Update - Etihaad is perfecto! But had hard time falling asleep, Kathmandu to Abu Dhabi and Abu Dhabi to Dublin was good. But the American Airlines from Dublin to Chicago, and then to Denver was like... umm... I got the reality check... American food!! I felt like puking with the very smell... now I am used to it.

Bunked – Few classes.

Been on TV Camera – Never, don’t wish to. Update - Actually they do record our presentations in class but due to some technical glitch we have not been able to go through those recordings.

Had a Crush - LOL. Twice to be exact. Update - Bring it on!!! LOL

Had a Credit Card – Yes.

Celebrated Birthday – Yes, with family but not with friends.

Received gift ever from anyone - I have but, of course, would be happy to receive more! So someone send me too!

And Last one,
Ever been admitted in a Hospital – Fortunately, not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment