Friday, October 11, 2013

What I Missed Until This Time

I don;t usually regret too many things... not at all, never... but lately I realized I have been missing too many things... and do I regret that? Yes I do, big time!
 
I am an introvert, always have been. I don;t go out or party hard but keep myself away from the crowd most of the time... but things are changing lately... I;ve started opening up, trying new things, and enjoying everything as much as I can. And I should thank my friends for that.

Last year when I came here, during the weekend I used to go to Denver to see my sister, and in case if I was not going, I would either watch movie or just lay down on my bed, I was super lazy. My friends used to ask me about my plans for the weekend, and most of the time my plans included Denver... so after a while they kind of stopped asking, presuming I was missing home and probably going to Denver on weekends to see my sister. But things started changing this summer, for better!

I made a lot of friends this summer. A lot! Most of them international students from Mexico to Egypt to China to Vietnam and you name it. And then I started getting involved in outdoor activities as well... soccer, baseball, hiking, basketball, cycling, tennis... and that helped me during my NOLS days! Truth be told, whenever I am playing any sport, I play it for fun... just to enjoy the game rather than to beat someone or win, that way even if I lose, I win... and that is the best part.

Now lets talk about partying! One day my Mexican-American friend, Francisco, asks me if Santiago and I could join him in a Mexican birthday party around 10 at night. We are like, 'Ok, let's give it a try'... that was fun! Lively music, dance and more dance... we ended up coming back home after 2! Have I been out that late before? No! Never!

Volunteered for International Student Association to raise fund during one of the Cowboys games... participated in Soccer Fiesta... playing with the German's Unicorn team , even though we lost in penalty shootout, it was fun! Went to Friday Coffee Hour for the first time, tell you what? I loved it! Changed my every schedule just to make sure I can be there every week! But then since I will be done with my school in December, I only have around 8 Fridays remaining and of that I could make it to only 5 of them as I will be out of Laradise for some Fridays. I will regret not going to Coffee Hour all this year so bad! How did I miss that?

Then just over a month ago as my friend was tired rather than going to play tennis late-night, he was like let's go play pool at Mingles, Adult Daycare and Lounge, one of the most happening place in Laradise. I was like, 'Ok. Let's do it!'. If it was other time I would have probably said, maybe some other time or just told him to take rest. So my another friend from school texts me what I was doing tonight? I tell her, I was going to Mingles! She is stunned, and asks me if she could join me with another classmate there? We had a wonderful time.

After that I am 'in' in thier party plans... had College of Business dinner this evening, it was fun... got out at around 9 pm! My classmates were not yet done. So what do we do next? "Let's go to 3rd Street Bar!" Even though I don;t drink, I had a wonderful time... and it was raining hard. So, even though we have busy schedule with assignments and presentation next week, we decide to have a table-tennis match after our presentation tomorrow during the Friday Coffee Hour and maybe go to Mingles after that. And on Saturday, it's homecoming match between Cowboys and New Mexico, so we will tailgate that afternoon, go to the football match and then Mingles again!

And after I am done with exam, presentation and papers by next Thursday, I got to go to Denver that night to celebrate Dashain with my parents, will miss my big-brother, as I always do. Then my friends are coming to pick me up Friday night and we are bar-hopping in Denver till late that night. And the next day I will be heading to Germany with my class... where I will also be meeting an old friend from school for the first time in Cologne!

Damn bwoy! I am getting a life. Thank you God for everything! You;re my best friend, aren;t you? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment