Saturday, January 11, 2014

This Time Last Year

Don't you think that the time passes just too fast? Feels like yesterday when I first came to the States... but it's already been over 16 months...  and it's been a month since I was done with my MBA!
 
Maybe it has something to do with Einstein's 'Theory of Relativity', maybe! As I see the updates of my friends in Facebook, coming back to Laramie and going to school for new semester from Monday, I wonder if I am done with my school yet? Or do I have to be there that day to attend my classes? And it is slightly valid as well, since the university has not mailed my graduation certificate yet!
 
I had made too many trips from Laramie to Denver and vice-versa since I came here. I hated Sundays then, just because most of my trips from Denver to Laramie were set on that day. Recalling this time last year, I was here in Denver for a month after my first semester ended, and this eventual day, I had to return back... to a new apartment, new room-mates and all. And even though I was here for long, a part of me wished maybe I don't have to go... maybe the clock will take a long pause and the time will stay still... I wished! I did.
 
But here I am today, done with school and with no compulsion to make a trip to Laramie anymore. But since I am done with that burden, I am feeling like it should be fun being there at this moment, observing other student's faces on the very first day of the semester, their excitement, worries, happiness and all those emotions... I missed it when I was there, but I am sure I would get a different perspective from where I stand now... they may feel I am done with my degree and my side of world looks greener... but I feel the same about them. I didn't like going to school as such, but then I didn't hate it as well... I do miss it already now, a little bit.
 
Hope everyone of them have a memorable semester! And who knows maybe I can make a trip up there, sometime in the future! Maybe sometime this semester. You never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment