Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Get Me A Reindeer!!

I am not a Christian and I have nothing to do with Christmas and Santa Claus... but like Santa I do love the reindeers. It all began when I saw a picture of a little ethnic Sami boy riding a reindeer somewhere in Norwegian Arctic. Then I read about other people in Tundra and Arctic Circle especially people in Siberia and their association with the reindeer.
 
According to popular belief Santa Claus lives in the North Pole and rides a sleigh ridden by seven reindeers. I ain't greedy but since I don't have a ride and know you can ride a reindeer, for last 3 years I have been writing to Santa Claus if he could get me a reindeer. But so far, all negative... haven't heard from him yet. I don't know whether he was too busy or he never received my mail.
 
I didn't believed that Santa actually fulfilled people's wishes until today when on the eve of Christmas Justin Bieber announced his retirement. Yes, some dreams/wishes do come true. I hope even mine will come true this year. But if it doesn;t... I have decided, may be I have to make a trip to the Arctic be it Alaska, Greenland, Svalbard, Lapland or anywhere around to get myself a green-ride.
 
Post script: I won't be surprised if Santa actually sent me a reindeer via USPS and they lost it in transit. They do it just too often. On the other side, I strongly wish that Santa lives in Alaska and I can make a trip to go see him... but then, who needs Santa Claus when you are friends with Oelklaus?  

No comments:

Post a Comment