Thursday, December 12, 2013

Hello Goodbye!

I had never heard that Beatles song ever before until I heard the rendition by Gwen Stefani from No Doubt at Kennedy Center to honor Sir Paul McCartney. And lately I have been listening it quiet often... along with some Celtic drums and bagpipes... the second obviously has a very good reason behind it!

So after one year, three months, twenty days and a degree later, the day has eventually come when I have to leave this place. Time to say Goodbye! If you had asked me if I would like to come back to this place back in October, I would have probably replied I would better love to go to Iraq or Afghanistan than return here... but then God has different ways of changing one's heart. That is what happened with me as well. Laradise Regained! I am thankful to God for that.

I don't know how I survived the strong winds, snowfall, negative temperature or overall the hostile environment... I don't know. When I look at the pile of snow outside which has been there for a week, I wonder that happened last year as well, right? This place is no where close to paradise if you keep that in account... but maybe it is the warmth of the people, their affection that actually makes Laramie, "Laradise". 

There are people I have met who actually don't have anything good to say about people here... maybe if you had asked me similar questions in October, I would have responded in similar line... not as positive as they are now... but, maybe I was lucky to come across only the good hearted people. Or maybe I have changed and by now only look for the positives in the people... maybe. I do know few people whom I don't like much... the kind of people you feel like throwing brick at... but for all the love and affection that I have received from people over here... I forgive them all.

Post Script: I will miss those "Hi's" for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment