Saturday, June 13, 2015

Ain;t Your Business

I guess everyone is well aware of taking a ride in public transport. Both its upside and the downside. I ain;t going to focus much on either of that. Just want to share an incident during my ride home in public transport today.

There are these two kids, both eleven graders as they said, busy talking with each others when these two Indian guys (judging by their look and accent) hop in. They take the seat just opposite to these kids. The kids are still going on with their conversation. After a while one of the guys asks the girl, "Are you boyfriend-girlfriend?". The girl blushes but denies it outright. "No, we are just friends."

The conversation/interference should have stopped there and then. But the Indian guy had more to say. "Are you worried to accept that?". The girl restates, "No, we are just friends." But this guy goes on. "How long have you known each other?" "Since grade three", the girl says. He follows up, "Do you like each other?" "Yes. We have known each other since we were kids."

The way this girl was talking, it felt they were more than friends. Just a guess. Not judging. But my point of writing this post is not that. I have serious objection with what that Indian guy was asking, as if these kids owed him the explanation. Who the hell is he to ask question about someone;s private life? 

Seeing this my funny side tickles me. I whisper to my brother, "What if I ask the same question to these guys? Are you friends? How long have you known each other? Do you like him?" I expected to hear all the same answers like that girl from them, but would have liked to ended up with the very question that the Indian guy started with. "Is he your boyfriend? Are you gay?"

I guess I should have asked them. Don;t you think so? At least someone would have learned a lesson the hard way! Or the right way. 

Post Script: I have no intention to hurt the sentiments of gay community. I am all in for equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment