Saturday, March 31, 2012

Days of Glory

It was sometimes in the late 90’s, of that I am sure,
You strikingly resembled the angel then I allured.
I remember the day I turned back & looked at you,
The time will bring us together again, I never knew.

Decades later you’re still the same and your smile,
O My!  Takes me back to those days all in a while.
Never heard from you during years we were around,
God heard your whispers, but me not a single sound.

Time passed by and my memories started fading away,
Before you emerged out of blue one fine autumn day.
Free flowing hairs, sparkling eyes and amazing grace,
You can conquer the world with that smile on your face.

You walked to me and broke that awkward silence,
And ever since my eyes have craved for your presence.
I miss those long nights we spent over the tête-à-tête,
I always wished you did less of listening and more of say.

Sometimes awesome, sometimes okay, sometimes weird,
You are the one after so long I’ve turned back and stared.
I can feel the spark of the sunshine in those beautiful eyes,
Even a moment that I share with you is a walk to the paradise.

Every time you pass by, glance, smile or even have a word,
I make memories out of that, and I owe it all to the Lord.
I have cherished always flipping these pages of my side of story,
Unaware if you feel the same, I believe it’s my Days of Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment