Friday, May 4, 2012

But From This Day, No More

Under Those Jacaranda Trees
Always My Eyes Laid Hoping
That You Would Come Along
With Early Rays Of Sun
Sometimes You Did Even
Behind Those Translucent Glasses
I, A Mere Mock Viewer
With Nothing But Hope
Waited And Waited Long
But From This Day, No More

After The Sun Dozes Off
When Stars Gather Around
And The City Mellows Down
Darkness Engulfs Everything Around
A Lone Soul Awakes
With All Hopes Pinned
To Have A Few Words
Lucky, Sometimes It Was
With No Avail, Most Of The Times
But From This Day, No More

The World Came Wishing
Still Felt Something Missing
Hope Was All I Had, But.
Could Remember Both Of Yours
You, Not A Single One?
If It's So, Then So It Be
Will Wait For The Day
When You'll Start Missing Me
Though Many Things I've To Share
But From This Day, No More

Post script: I always thought that whether it’s a poem or a song, the rhythm is very important. But I have come across too many songs which despite not being in certain rhythmic pattern were outstanding just because of its combination with the melody. I have been through some poems written in similar line and was impressed with the flow of thought. Afore written poem is my first attempt to that unchartered territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment