Friday, December 7, 2012

FAQ

It begins with few obvious questions and most of the time ends up with the same one. Since I have been here in the States, I have been at the receiving end of too many ‘typical questions’ camouflaged to ask that ‘specific one.’ People pop out in Facebook and just shoot questions. It always begins with a “Hi”, and it goes on with “How is States?”, “Do you miss home?”, “You won’t return back, will you?”, “How is your study going on?”, and then when they feel everything is knitted, they go for the kill, the big one, “Are you seeing a blonde?”
 
I NEVER swear. NEVER. But believe me, I do know the words! Come on!! Grow up!! Why are you interested whether I am seeing someone or not? Okay, I am seeing someone; will that change your life? Has that anything to do with you?  What if I am seeing a guy? I don’t know what people make out of it. I damn love my privacy. Or you just want to prove to others that you are a close friend to me and you know my secrets?
But then there are few others, who just ask me to find a blonde or an Afro-American for them! They are just desperate to be here, anyhow! And that is freaking hilarious. And I don’t miss the chance; I pull their legs saying that in almost a dozen of the states in the US, domestic partnership is legal now. I ain’t sure if they are interested for that.
Post script: I forgot an important one, “You are always online. Are you talking with your significant other?”

No comments:

Post a Comment