Monday, December 17, 2012

Roxited

Rox became the newest member of our family on 18th November, 2010… I think that was the day but now I am confused since 18th is my elder brother’s birthday and probably Rox wasn’t brought that day… maybe Dad brought Rox on 20th, may be. Mamu was against the idea, not because she don’t like dogs, but may be because our previous canine ‘Robert’ died young. 
 
It was a cold winter night when I saw Rox for the first time. I was back from work and was pleasantly surprised to see the pup… just over a week old then. Rox spent all night crying… and Mamu spent a sleepless night worried about him. She is awesome, always have been. A week later or so we realized that Rox had slightly twisted front legs which made it difficult to stand properly… so it preferred to sit down all the time. It was heart wrenching.
I gave him the name ‘Rox’, yes I did, and although Dad called him with a different name early on, but everyone ended calling it Rox. Time passed by and one day out of blue we realized that everything was fine with his legs. ‘Miracle,’ it was.
From that day on to the day I left Kathmandu, we just ‘clicked.’ I played with Rox before going to work, not worrying if I would be late, and after I came back home. He could sense me coming from a distance, and if I didn’t called his name after entering home, it would shout out loud and if I did, it would jump with joy in circles. He made me forget all the worries of the world. If there was any visitor at home, it was uncontrollable. It gave us a tough time.
I went to western Nepal, February last, for about five days during my annual leave. When I came back home, I can still remember the how happy Rox was… like usual it jumped with joy in circles, licked my face and in his eyes I could see how happy he was to see me and how much he missed me all those days. Roxited! That’s what I call it.
Its December 17th today and I left home on August 18th… its been a long long time… whenever I think about Rox, I wonder if it misses me as I do… looking through that window whenever someone opens the gate to find if its me, searching every room to find if I am hiding somewhere… he must have been disheartened for not being able to find me somewhere around… the last time when I talked to him in Skype, he looked super excited jumping in circles again.
O My! I miss my bwoy!! Luff ya Rox!

No comments:

Post a Comment