Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 - The Year That Was

I must admit, the year was eventful… finally few things fell into place, of which some were least unexpected! I have lost the sense of chronology for the year… I may miss some important ones but as of now this is what I remember!
With the uncertainty looming over my foreign aspiration, my hopes were knocked down… everything looked liked a distant dream… February came, and so did my annual leave… hadn’t been anywhere last summer due to my GMAT exam (fiasco), so I was in no mood to ruin this one as well… had a long list of places to travel but ended up travelling only half of them… still those were the frontiers I had never been before… I wish to discover those places again and hopefully beyond… been to visit my grandparents (maternal uncle’s home) after almost five years! And with my bucket-list getting shorter, I thought it was a good omen!
Decided to give it a try, come what may… got the papers ready… the word was now literally on the street… taking the step back now, was out of context! As time passed by, had a bit of confidence as well… the D-day came! Negative! Shocked, I was and so were everyone else. Decided to have another go! Negative, again. Didn’t have guts to have another attempt. After much pondering, finally decided to have a final go… this one with a view to make roads ahead clear for the future… hope, I didn’t have any. Turned out to be a good shot, third time lucky! Some thought it was a perfect example of ‘never giving up’, for me it was not, I had nothing to prove, it was something else.
Left my job of three years… I was happy for that, thought I stayed longer than I had intended… had never left my home for long ever before, and now here I was leaving my home and country for a land on a different horizon and that too for years… wasn’t worried much as I would have my sister nearby… but then somewhere inside, you miss your home and family, always…
People ask me how this place is… planned, developed, organized with clear blue sky… and to their disbelief, people down to earth and helpful as well… been lucky to have known too many wonderful people this year… making new friends, travelling new places… by now I have more or less adopted to this place… I still make sure I am in touch with my family and wonderful friends back home… for the coming year, I wish to follow up all those stuff… but I need to be more organized as I still lack the time management skill!
Be amazing. Be good. Be strong. Be smart. Be cool. But the most important thing, be yourself! That’s what I am going to try to do.
Happy New Year 2013!!! Have a wonderful year ahead.
Post Script: We survived 12/21/2012! Yes, we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment