Friday, November 1, 2013

Worst Series Of Bad Luck?

Just read my blog from two weeks ago and you may think I am among the happiest being on the surface of earth... fast forward those weeks and now I feel to be among the most unfortunate lot. I must confess, I had a series of bad lucks and don;t have any idea when this is going to end! Oh God! You;re not doing good to me!
 
First it was Germany. Everyone in the university was talking about it all year long since the previous batch went there. We were the next, everyone knew. And when the time came I had to return from the airport just because they didn;t realized I would need a visa! So they left me there. Dumped in Denver International Airport. Someone's dream, someone else's nightmare!
 
Everyone is back now. I thought the management will at least have their part of story to tell to me, but so far I have heard from no one. I am disappointed. And whenever someone asks me about the trip, what goes through my head? It kind of feels humiliating... it sucks! I am tired of telling my part of story to everyone, I am done... with everything, this place, university... I want to be here no more... just some weeks ago I wanted the time to never pass, and now? My world has turned upside down... I can;t even wait till December to graduate... even though it;s just over a month time. I never wanted to return to Laradise(?) after what happened, and with the way things are going right now, I wish I could have stayed.
 
We were supposed to write 1500-3000 words essay about the German trip but after I was dumped, I thought may be I don;t have to do that. But tell you what? The professor had some other idea, she has exact same questions, same companies and now I have to write an essay relating those companies with context to Nepal! Is she trying to piss me off! Others would be fine with that just because they were on the trip, but me? How can I do indepth analysis of those companies and relate to those back home? Maybe I need to complain... I will just see if I can find something enough, else I need to talk to the professor.
 
I was there in Denver during rice-feeding ceremony of my niece on 23rd last month just because I was not in Germany... and since I was supposed to be abroad my sister scheduled the date for a party the week after I would arrive, on 2nd of November. Since I had some good friends, she also wanted them to come along... and now I have that trip cancelled as well. One of my friends has two mid-term exams next week, so he can;t come... another friend agreed, but later called me this evening that he realized he has to go to a dinner tomorrow evening so even he couldn;t make it. I call my sister, and she is pissed off!
 
Back to graduation, we were to order our gown and caps online and the deadline was 1st November, mid-night. Earlier this week, I went to MBA office to find out the size of my cap. Was busy all week. Tried to make an order on Wednesday, but they won;t accept my debit-card. So I call my sister at 7:30 this evening, tell her about it, she was just back from work about to eat and then make Siya sleep, so she says she would call me after she is done. She calls me at 10:05pm, I was ready with the form since 7:30 pm, everything filled-up besides her credit card details... I press submit! And to my utter disbelief, another bad luck! The deadline was mid-night Eastern Time! I was late by 5 minutes... now I have to wait until December 4-5 and purchase my gown and cap at University Bookstore at higher price, and not sure if I will get the right size!
 
Should I say more? ... maybe yes, nothing going right these days. I don;t know how many bad lucks are yet to follow.  Maybe I should just get the graduation certificate without going to the commencement. I don;t like this place anyways, anymore... and then I am not American as well, maybe the commencement is not for me, the lone international student in the MBA program!

Post script: At present, I hate myself like nothing else. I wonder when was the last time I felt so low? Maybe when I was in grade VI when I was not doing good in school. My confidence has tanked, and I can;t even fake a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment