Friday, July 13, 2012

And It's A NO!

Consistent academic record. 3.80 CGPA in BBA. 3 years of working experience in banking sector. Full scholarship offered on tuition fees by the university. The University where 46th American Vice-President Dick Cheney studied. And still I got my VISA application rejected. I don't say I am an 'exceptional' student, but not bad either. This is America! Expect the unexpected.

My sister went to the US some four years back. She got Diversity Visa that the US government issues every year. But is that my fault to have my sister in the US. Or do they have a rule that disqualifies an applicant whatever academic records they have on the basis that if his/her sibling is in the US then s/he must be planning to immigrate there and not study? I don’t know whether they have it in their official record or not that my sister is a double Master’s degree holder [Executive-MBA and Master’s in Rural Development] and presently working at a bank in the US itself. With that qualification should I hide that my sister is in US like most of the US aspirants do? NO! I am proud of having a sister like her, denying me the Visa may sound like my loss entirely but I believe if that consular who rejected my application had been through my academic documents he must have certain guilt rejecting the same. The official line was “I have a feeling that you are trying to immigrate to the US”. 

Now I realize I have been in most cases ‘second time lucky’. I hope to reapply next week itself, with all the same documents. Let’s see what happens this time.

Friday the 13th wasn’t auspicious to me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment